Diary of a Victorian Dollshouse

Share in my journey as I create a
late Victorian miniature world.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Onto the bathroom furnishings

As bathrooms in Victorian houses were more or less treated like any other room in the house - cluttered and overfilled,  I was quite looking forward to choosing what to put in there. So with the extra few inches I had gleaned from the makeover, I set upon looking....
The suite I already had which was made by Bodo Henig. I fell in love with this little piece quite soon after I had bought Jubilee.

I love the shaped splash back on the washbasin and the flower detailing on it is very pretty. It's really well made and quite heavy too. The little taps even turn!


The bath has a rolled edge and claw feet, an overflow and like the basin a plug complete with chain....


The pipes and taps are moveable so the bath can be positioned against a wall or in the centre of the room.


Finally the little loo...
The high cistern toilet again is very realistic with a real wooden seat.


I may just paint the pull handle I think...


With my extra space I was able to have a cupboard. I added lace edging to the shelves and dressed it with 'linens' and various toiletries made from beads. Though one is made from a plug taken from a light fitting!


I also have room for a chair now aswell


I've added a wall shelf with a few little accessories on, some again made from beads.


Not forgetting the towel rail, toilet roll holder and plunger!


I'm about finished in here now apart from maybe a picture or two on the walls and a radiator...and I'm also toying with the idea of perhaps putting in a small table with a lamp on..

















No comments:

Post a Comment