Diary of a Victorian Dollshouse

Share in my journey as I create a
late Victorian miniature world.

Friday, March 07, 2014

A few more close up photos

I've just hung the curtains and will soon be ready to photograph the whole room setting...but I thought I would just share a few more pictures of some of the pieces close up before that, as sometimes the tiny details can get lost in room shots...

I dyed the material for the curtains as I couldn't for the life of me seem able to find anything in this colour anywhere...I'm wondering whether I need to add tie backs now...


 Here you can see how the bed fits nicely under the eaves..


 

This high chair again started life as a barewood piece as has most of the furniture in this room. I changed it a little from the original however as I thought the fitting for the tray was quite cumbersome so removed that....after being stained and waxed I'm more pleased with the way it is now...the beautifully knitted hat I bought from the York Fair in November...



 A shot taken through the open door - the area where I imagine Nanny might sit and read...























No comments:

Post a Comment