Diary of a Victorian Dollshouse

Share in my journey as I create a
late Victorian miniature world.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Furnishing the attic landing

After thinking for awhile I've finally got a few things gathered together to furnish this space. Again, because of the sloping ceiling it was a challenge finding items to fit but this little dresser sits snugly at the side of the maids bedroom door.
This is how it started out.


I stained it in a light pine colour and filled it with a few bits and pieces, linens etc.


As you can see it fits the space quite well


At the  front part of the landing I've made a sewing area.


 My children bought me the Bodo Henig sewing machine quite some time ago so it's nice to be able to have it displayed here as it's a lovely miniature. The handle turns and the needle actually goes up and down! 


The trunk in this photo needs a little work as it's only had a coat of paint up to now.


 ...so that's the progress so far here at the top of the house. I still have a few more things to add but I think it's beginning to take shape - it's certainly looking better than it was before....




No comments:

Post a Comment