Diary of a Victorian Dollshouse

Share in my journey as I create a
late Victorian miniature world.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

A few photos of the study

Since moving house last year,  I'm still getting around to setting things up in each room and today it was the turn of the study......
I've taken some photos showing a glimpse of the 'upstairs landing' which I created. I felt I needed to show that there were other areas at the back of the study (and bedroom) on this floor, in order to make up for the fact that I removed the stairs!
Rather than having another set of stairs and another landing I thought I could make better use of the space.
That space has now been made into the bathroom.


View through an open doorway  to the landing 


I've given the illusion of stairs by fitting newel posts and bannisters


Bookcase full of books....


Another doorway across the landing giving the impression of rooms beyond

No comments:

Post a Comment